We welcome 6 new transferring projects in the Sustainable Tourism Community!
The Sustainable Tourism Community welcomes 6 new transferring projects! On June 1st, 2021, the Steering and Monitoring Committees of the Interreg MED Programme approved the following modular projects: ALTER ECO PLUS, BlueMed PLUS, COASTING PLUS, ConsumeLess Plus, EMbleMatic Plus, TOURISMED PLUS.
These news projets will be transferring the results of 6 other projets:
- ALTER ECO: aimed at enhancing the local sustainable development of tourism by promoting Mediterranean Identity through the implementation of alternative tourist strategies in 6 pilots co-designed and implemented by public and private stakeholders.
- BlueMed: aimed at supporting competent government authorities develop strategies, plans and policies for local coastal and island economies of the Mediterranean region in adopting a sustainable and responsible model for tourism development.
- COASTING: capitalisation project based on the ICZM principles application, aiming at enhancing the effectiveness of a multilevel governance tool like Coast Contract (Contrat de Baie), transferring a shared methodology mostly centred on the stakeholders’ involvement, and focusing tools and actions more deeply on the tourism sector sustainability and qualification.
- ConsumeLess: project aimed at developing integrated sustainable energy, water and waste management strategies and promoting sustainable tourism models in Mediterranean cities.
- EMbleMatic: project aimed at creating and testing a new form and offer of sustainable tourism, located in the hinterland coastal area, based on the identarian singularities of 9 mountains from the Emblematic Mediterranean Mountains (EMM) network.
- TOURISMED: project aimed at testing and transferring a fishing tourism business model in the coastal territories of Italy, Cyprus, Greece, Albania, France and Spain as a way to promote a sustainable approach to tourism, while fostering the preservation of the marine ecosystem and the traditional fishing culture of the MED region.
The full list of approved projects is available here.
LinkedIN: Interreg MED Sustainable Tourism
YouTube: BleuTourMed Interreg MED
Newsletter: Subscribe here
Podcast Channel: Sustainable Tourism