The Sixth issue of the Interreg MED Sustainable Tourism Community Thematic Paper has been published!
The Sustainable Tourism Community (STC) is the largest Community of the INTERREG MED Programme (2014-2020), consisting of 17 projects which are:
- dealing with issues of identity, governance, co-evolution of activities, valorization, consumption, use of data, underwater heritage
- promoting alternative forms of tourism such as cruise tourism, cycling tourism, culinary tourism, ecotourism, fishing tourism
- developing new integrated models, methodologies and decision support systems
With the efforts of all the projects, STC has managed to build strong activities with the common aim to study, test and capitalise innovative instruments and actions towards the enhancement of tourism sustainability and contribute to an integrated responsible and sustainable tourism model in the Mediterranean. In a duration of 3 years, the Community has gathered regularly through a series of meetings and events through which it has exchanged:
- aims and objectives
- towards these objectives
- tangible outputs and results and their implementation to the Med coastal areas
- contributions to policy targets
The projects of the Community represent many regions of the Mediterranean coast and have covered the majority of the Mediterranean coastal areas managing, thus, to tackle a large number of emerging challenges in the region.
You can access the full thematic report here.