- Watch the video of the session
- Listen to the podcast of the session
- Read the full report of the session
(Rome, 22 May 2019) Coastal and maritime tourism is one of the major sectors of the Blue economy, representing 5 to 10% of total jobs and GDP in Mediterranean EU countries. However, the national and regional policies to promote a sustainable use of the Mediterranean Sea have difficulties to take into account its full social, economic and environmental impacts.
In the framework of the Mediterranean Sustainable Tourism Convention 2019, a workshop will be dedicated to “coastal and maritime tourism in the blue economy” in an attempt to improve the governance of this type of economy and regulate this fragmented tourism industry, comprising a huge diversity and variety of stakeholders and actors.
The workshop will be moderated by Mr. Jeremie Fosse, President of eco-union. It will feature different speakers:
- Dr. Sergi Tudela, Director General for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs at the Government of Catalonia
- Mr. Roberto Montanari, official of the Emilia-Romagna Region, responsible for the coordination of European projects and interregional initiatives on Coastal Protection and Integrated Management
- Ms. Angeliki Veneti, Director of Industry, Energy and Natural Resources at the Region of Thessaly and part of the BLUEMED project
- Ms. Alessandra Sensi, Head of Sector, Environment and Blue Economy at the Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean
- Mr. Andrea Barbanti, Research Manager at the National Research Council, Institute of Marine Sciences (CNR-ISMAR)
The Convention is organised by the Barcelona Provincial Council and the BleuTourMed horizontal project of the MED Sustainable Tourism Community in partnership with CETT – UB (School of Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy of the University of Barcelona) and the Hotel Alimara. HostelTur and SmartTravelNews are media partners of the Convention.
To learn more on the Convention, you can access the dedicated website here.
You can follow us on these channels and use the #MEDTourism2019 #EUinmyRegion #BlueEconomy #MaritimeTourism #CoastalTourism #SustainableTourism hashtags!
LinkedIN: Interreg MED Sustainable Tourism