- Watch the video of the session
- Listen to the podcast of the session
- Read the full report of the session
(Rome, 22 May 2019) Tourists’ mobility, due to its intensity, concentration and seasonality, is affecting the management of the transportation networks of the hosts destinations. This is exemplified in the Mediterranean, where the coastal areas attract important flows of tourists. Consequently, developing sustainable urban transport plans is crucial in order to address the needs of both the residents and the travelers. It requires regulating and organizing situations of saturation, compatibility with other means of transportation and congestion of public spaces.
In the framework of the Mediterranean Sustainable Tourism Convention 2019, a workshop will be dedicated to “sustainable mobility in tourist destinations”. The objective of this workshop is to share experiences on how to manage the needs of tourists, the workers of the hospitality sector and the local inhabitants.
The workshop will be moderated by Mr. Carles Conill, Director for Sustainable Mobility at the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona. It will feature different speakers:
- Ms. Fiorentina Poulli, Project Assistant of Civitas Destinations at Limassol Tourism Development And Promotion Company
- Mr. Marjan Dumanic, Senior Advisor at PI RERA S.D. Split Dalmatia County and part of the SIROCCO project
- Ms. Montserrat Duran Rosa, Responsible for Territorial Analysis and Touristic Product of the General Directorate of Tourism of Generalitat de Catalunya and part of the MEDCYCLETOUR project
- Mr. Slavko Mezek, Centre Koper, MOBILITAS Project
- Ms Carolina Navarro, Valencia Port Foundation, SUMPORT Project.
The Convention is organised by the Barcelona Provincial Council and the BleuTourMed horizontal project of the MED Sustainable Tourism Community in partnership with CETT – UB (School of Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy of the University of Barcelona) and the Hotel Alimara. HostelTur and SmartTravelNews are media partners of the Convention.
To learn more on the Convention, you can access the dedicated website here.
You can follow us on these channels and use the #MEDTourism2019 #EUinmyRegion #SustainableMobility #SustainableTourism hashtags!
LinkedIN: Interreg MED Sustainable Tourism